About Our Team
We are sophilabs, a full-stack software design and development agency. We work with clients located mainly in the US and Europe to build and grow high-quality software products that exceed expectations and help people accomplish their goals. We treat projects as if they were our own, and we like to say that we exist to help companies fulfill their own purpose and create a meaningful impact in the world.
If it sounds like you have what it takes, check us out. We can’t wait to meet you!
Be Bold: And encourage everyone else to stand above the average.
Stay Sharp: A great product is the sum of perfectly well-thought-out details.
Be Honest: Never sacrifice honesty for politeness.
Be a Team Player: Help others pursue their goals as if they were your own.
Love your Craft: Strive to transcend through your creations.
Join Our Team
As a Junior Web Developer, you’ll need to have a keen eye for the finest details and be able to create and apply solutions to scalability issues, designing software that meets both the product strategy and non-functional requirements.
Experience in or knowledge of Scrum, Python, Dajngo, React, Angular, Elixir, Phoenix, and/or Docker is ideal, but we are mostly interested in candidates with a positive attitude, desire to improve, and excellent communication skills who are eager to create beautiful software.
We offer a creative, relaxed work environment, and the opportunity to learn amazing open source state-of-the-art technologies.
The First 3 Months: Apprenticeship Program
The Apprenticeship Program is designed to ensure you are developing the skills and competencies that are important for the role of a full-time developer by investing learning hours and completing the job training we have designed. You will be able to learn and grow at your own pace and test your skills In the last month you will have the chance to work with a real customer and prove yourself by demonstrating your growth in the program. We expect apprentices to complete this learning phase within 3 months. Once you graduate from the apprenticeship program, you will be eligible to apply for one of the full-time roles that we will be opening at the conclusion of the program.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for speed and scalability
- Implement security and data protection mechanisms
- Perform software engineering tasks on backend, web and mobile areas
- Deploy software in different environments
- Plan and estimate the time tasks will require to be completed
- Handle support requests from clients, including management or execution of training meetings and hotfixes deployments
- Consult on both sophilabs and client projects
- Document best practices in customer projects and sophilabs knowledge base
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Coach other team members of sophilabs on technologies and practices
- Meet periodically with teams to comply with the software development process objectives
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, and trends in the web and mobile development fields
- Give internal talks about technologies and best practices
- Promote sophilabs as a great place to work by engaging on social media and writing blog posts
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Good to know:
- Familiar with Python, Elixir, Ruby or similar languages
- Familiar with HTML, CSS and/or SASS
- Ability to write well structured, semantic, maintainable code
- Open Source enthusiast
- Please include examples of recent work and/or links to Github repositories.
- Exceptional and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates resilience, diplomacy, influencing, relationship building, and problem solving skills.
Join us and love what you do!
Estudio Mínimo Necesario: Terciario Incompleto
Edad: Desde 18 Hasta 70 Años
Entre sus principales responsabilidades se encuentran: relevar y especificar requerimientos, desarrollar aplicaciones, manejar incidentes, realizar el...
Desde Geocom Uruguay SA - Montevideo
Publicado hace un mes
Orientamos la búsqueda a Ingenieros, Licenciados, Analistas, Tecnólogos recibidos o estudiantes avanzados Imprescindible contar con experiencia de trabajo en...
Desde Hexa - Montevideo
Publicado hace 11 días
Formará parte del EQUIPO DE DESARROLLO. Conocimientos Requeridos: -Java EE -MySQL -Jboss -JSF (Java Server Faces) -JMS (Java Message Service) Descripción de...
Publicado hace 12 días