About Our Team
We are sophilabs, a full-stack software design and development agency. We work with clients located mainly in the US and Europe to build and grow high-quality software products that exceed expectations and help people accomplish their goals. We treat projects as if they were our own, and we like to say that we exist to help companies fulfill their own purpose and create a meaningful impact in the world.
We founded sophilabs in 2012, and since then we have been growing steadily. We now have offices located in Montevideo and in Brooklyn, New York.
If it sounds like you have what it takes to be a part of our team, check us out. We can’t wait to meet you!
Be Bold: And encourage everyone else to stand above the average.
Stay Sharp: A great product is the sum of perfectly well-thought-out details.
Be Honest: Never sacrifice honesty for politeness.
Be a Team Player: Help others pursue their goals as if they were your own.
Love your Craft: Strive to transcend through your creations.
Join Our Team
As a Senior Web Developer, you’ll need to have a keen eye for the finest details and be able to create and apply solutions to scalability issues, designing software that meets both the product strategy and non-functional requirements.
We are looking for developers with at least 5 years of experience in web and/or mobile development. However, while experience in or knowledge of Scrum, Python, Django, React, Angular, and/or Docker is ideal, we are mostly interested in candidates with a positive attitude, desire to improve, and excellent communication skills who are eager to create beautiful software rather than knowledge in a specific programming language.
We offer a creative, relaxed work environment, and the opportunity to learn amazing open source state-of-the-art technologies.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for speed and scalability
- Implement security and data protection mechanisms
- Perform software engineering tasks on backend, web and mobile areas
- Deploy software in different environments
- Plan and estimate the time tasks will require to be completed
- Handle support requests from clients, including management or execution of training meetings and hotfixes deployments
- Consult on both sophilabs and client projects
- Document best practices in customer projects and sophilabs' knowledge base
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Coach other team members of sophilabs on technologies and practices
- Meet periodically with teams to comply with the software development process objectives
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, and trends in the web and mobile development fields
- Give internal talks about technologies and best practices
- Promote sophilabs as a great place to work by engaging on social media and writing blog posts
-Lead development in an agile software development environment, participate in sprint planning, task breakdown, and daily stand ups
- Design and implement new frameworks and software that meets sophilabs’ standards in performance, accuracy, and maintainability
- Proactively identify bottlenecks in the system and work to resolve these issue before they become a problem
- Constant learner keeping up to date with upcoming web standards;
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Good to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in web development
- Familiarity with Python, Elixir, Ruby or similar languages
- Fluency in HTML, CSS and/or SASS
- Ability to write well structured, semantic, maintainable code
- Open Source enthusiast
- Please include examples of recent work and/or links to Github repositories.
- Exceptional and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates resilience, diplomacy, influencing, relationship building, and problem solving skills.
Join us and love what you do!
Horario: Full Time
Estudio Mínimo Necesario: Terciario Completo
Edad: Desde 18 Hasta 70 Años
DESARROLLADOR BACKEND PHP Responsabilidades: Desarrollar funcionalidades para plataforma propia de comercio electrónico. Documentar correctamente el proceso de...
Publicado hace un día
Necesitamos un implementador de tiendas realizadas en la plataforma Shopify. Con experiencia probada en dichas implementaciones.
Desde Niveltic - Montevideo
Publicado hace 4 días
Somos una empresa joven en pleno crecimiento, con un excelente ambiente laboral, y excelentes oportunidades de desarrollo personal. Trabajamos en un producto de...
Publicado hace un mes