Founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, PriceStats develops daily economic indicators using online data. We specialize in combining technology and economics to innovate the way economic trends are identified. Our work is grounded on the research conducted by the Billion Prices Project at MIT and Harvard University.
We are seeking a smart and talented individual that takes a service-oriented approach to their work and is passionate about software development and automation. In this role you will work as part of an agile team of software developers and systems engineers responsible for supporting and enhancing the feature set of our cloud native technology stack.
Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, the DevOps-focused Associate Engineer comes to us with 1 to 2 years of experience using scripting languages (Python is preferred) and SQL to develop software applications, analyze data, and/or perform system administration/automation. Ideal candidates will also be familiar with Java, XML and multi-tier web application development.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be service-focused, a team player, eager to learn new technologies, skilled in using typical software development tools, familiar with automation techniques, and exceptional at helping people find innovative solutions to challenging problems. This job is an excellent fit for an individual eager to make key contributions in our fast paced, ever-evolving environment.
This position is based out of our Montevideo, Uruguay office and will work closely with our teams in Uruguay and the United States. The PriceStats Team is currently working entirely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will facilitate training and onboarding for this job remotely to ensure that all employees feel safe in their working environment. The schedule to be met is Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The probable start date is the end of March.
• Development of new services and applications using typical software development tools and methodologies
• Automation, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of cloud-based Linux and Windows Systems
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in both Montevideo and Cambridge to streamline workflows
• Identify root causes for technical problems and continuously refine our infrastructure
• Document end-user workflows and operating procedures for complex systems
• 1-2 years of experience writing software using Python and working with SQL databases
• Experience with agile software development methodologies
• Familiar with modern software development languages and tools (IDEs, source control systems, etc.)
• Solid foundation in software engineering
• Great communicator and an ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Independent thinker and problem solver with good attention to detail
• Service-oriented with a passion for quality
• Strong English language skills, both verbal and written
• Java and XML
• JSP or ASP and server-side web app development
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Bash and/or Powershell
• Database performance tuning
• Object-oriented programming, algorithms, and software design
Seleccionamos a un experto en análisis de datos para la extracción, procesamiento y agrupación de la información que maneja la empresa (base de datos).Además...
Publicado hace 5 días
Principales tareas: • Será responsable de la supervisión del equipo de trabajo del sector TI, dependiendo directamente de la Gerencia de Administración y...
Desde Republica Microfinanzas - Montevideo
Publicado hace un mes
Objetivo del cargo: Detectar la mayor cantidad de fallas antes de que el software se habilite en el ambiente de Producción Funciones del cargo: - Diseñar y...
Desde Abitab - Montevideo
Publicado hace un mes